Marriage Leave Application Letter
Everyone in his or her lifetime has to avail this leave, and each and every organization has certain leaves exempted for the purpose of marriage. Marriage application letter should not only include a request for the grant of leaves but also the date, time and venue along with a healthful invitation to the whole management for the wedding ceremony. Every organization has certain leaves exempted for the purpose of marriage. Marriage application letter should not only include a request for the grant of leaves but also the date, time and venue along with the healthful invitation.
With the advent of social networking and emailing, letter writing is not usually a common activity in the contemporary technological era of the twenty-first century. However, our lives depend on certain letters be it sending them through email or by posts such as ob interview letters, letters for research questionnaire or surveys, complaint letters and the like. However, every letter has a certain format and being aware of it is of utmost importance. Every organization and company offer their employees leaves for various reasons such as maternity leave, leave for health issues and the like. Marriage leave applications are also commonly granted. Without any doubt, a marriage leave application should be formal because it is being asked of from the company the employee works in. The date, time and venue of the marriage should not be clearly mentioned by the applicant. A leave letter, although optional, should be added along with the marriage leave application letter. Here are a few suggestive methods in properly writing a marriage leave application letter:-
- Carefully fabricated: As a marriage leave application appealing for leave-taking, it should be carefully drafted. A formal format should be followed and the proper details should be provided with clarity.
- Short and to the point: Use of repetitive words, constant beating about the bush is something that is completely looked down upon. A leave application, be it for whatever genuine reason should be short, crisp and to the point.
- Relevant: While appealing for leave especially for marriage, a leave application letter should not only be well drafted but should also be relevant to the subject matter.
- Free of grammatical error: After finishing with the leave application letter, check and double check for spelling errors and grammatical mistakes. These mistakes in formal letters to organizations are considered unpardonable. To make sure that the company avails leave, the leave application should be impeccable and free of any such mistakes.
- Simple language: The language should be simple and understandable. Formal words should be used. Use of bombastic words and ornamentation of language is completely looked down upon. The employer should be able to understand what the leave application is about and the needs of the applicant appealing for leave.
- Polite: A formal letter, no matter what the content may be about, undoubtedly should be polite. If one is requesting for a marriage leave, politeness in the tone is very important. Politeness of tone is what gives the employer a better chance of availing leave for the applicant who has asked for leave.
- Well presented: A formal leave letter should be neat, clean and very well presented. Not only does it look appealing to the eye, but also gives the applicant a better chance of getting his/her leave sanctioned by the organization that he/she works for.
Pertaining to the tone of the marriage leave application, it should be polite and cordial because it is being presented as a request. A leave is generally ratified by the company’s head of the department or the HR department based on the genuine cause and the reason for which a leave is being appealed. Only the genuine reason for requesting leave is necessary. However, unless an employee is under a contract, marriage is a reason for which employees are usually given leave for one or in many cases two weeks. The employee’s reputation and the relationship with the organization are also a contributing factor to the sanctioning of his/her leave by the organization.