What is an announcement Letter?
An announcement letter announces an important decision formally to a concerned group of people. This letter announces the matters that people have to be aware of. This type of letter is used in business as well as personal situations.
Announcements are made to create awareness about something or just to pass on certain information to a group or a huge mass of people. It is made in response to several things like grapevines, promotions, retirement, political causes etc.
Apart from all these announcements are also made to launch products in a company or may be some other important elements. In a nutshell, this is a form of communication for the purpose of infotainment.
Announcement letter is written for a variety of reasons. It is mainly addressed to a group of people or to a mass. Every formal announcement needs a proper documentation. An announcement letter is a formal documentation of every kind of announcement.
As said earlier that an announcement letter is used on various platforms. Be it business or some other occasions this letter carries a lot of importance.
Let’s highlight the need for an announcement letter in an office. In a company, there can be various types of announcements every day. This letter helps in making that announcement in a form way. It is even considered to be a legal document of every announcement that is made.
Suppose an organization is about to announce a promotion list. In such case, an announcement letter helps in communicating the message to the employees working. This letter carries the entire announcement that is made and turns out to be an official document.
Not only promotion of employees but every kind of announcement is made with the help of an announcement letter. This letter contains all the details that are made in the announcement. This is the only formal way by which a company announces important news or some steps that it will take in the near future for better business aspect.
Special Tips to write an announcement letter
It is very important to follow a pattern in writing an announcement letter. There are certain things which one should incorporate while framing this particular letter. This is the most important document that is needed while announcing a plan or something that is relevant.
- Create an outline- This is the first step towards writing an announcement letter. It is always necessary to create an outline before moving with the final draft. One should always framework the letter in such a way that the readers can get all the important points at a glance. This outline is necessary to make the reading easy. In this outline, one can decide on the content, a tone of the language, fonts and the length of the message. Creating a proper outline helps in better presentation of the letter.
- Draft a rough letter- After creating the outline it is very important to draft a rough letter. Having a rough draft is very necessary before preparing the final one. The rough draft us very important for the writer who is framing this letter. In this draft one can experiment with the content, can change innumerable times and can also play with the words and phrases. This step is important to make a better polish of the final letter. Every writer should prepare a rough draft of the announcement letter before preparing a final one.
- Concise- This is essential when it comes to a formal announcement letter. An announcement letter should always be very concise in its content. The company should only add relevant content to it and no extra details will be shared. Being concise also helps in the proper communication of the message. An announcement letter should be absolutely concise with the information. This letter is presented in important meetings and discussions and therefore it should be to the point and framed properly.
- The announcement should be loud and clear- An announcement should always be very loud and clear. In this letter, the content should always be very clear and it should be loud so that it can impress the people. This will depend on the use of words and the framing of the sentences. An announcement should always be clear in its approach and therefore the letter should be written with expressive words that can persuade the people.
- Courteous- The letter should always be very courteous in its approach. The company while publishing an announcement letter should always be polite with its communication. The tone of the writing should be polite so that it becomes interesting and readable for the public.
- Positive approach- The content should have a very positive approach. This is an essential element in an announcement letter. Content with positive thoughts and intention can actually impress the people for whom the letter has been drafted. The writer should always intend to write a positive letter to all its employees. Announcement letter always intends to declare something positive and new. Therefore the positivity in the writing pattern should always be there.
- Use of letterhead– Every announcement letter should be written on a letterhead of the organization. This is the most formal way of presenting the letter. A letterhead of the company is needed for any official announcement. It signifies that the company is aware of this announcement and is about to make necessary changes. The letterhead is also a legal proof at certain situation.
- The end should be in a proper way- Just like the beginning, the end of the letter should also be proper. This will make it interesting and proper. The writer should always frame a proper ending with good hope and positive vibes.
- Final editing is very important- Before publishing the letter it is very important to do a final editing. This step is crucial for eliminating any fault if happens. It is the general rule for every organization to undergo an edit process before publishing this letter. Editing is the final thing that should be done before a letter is sent to the respective people.
Well, the above explanation was mainly concentrated on announcement letter by an organization. But it should know that an announcement letter can be of various types. In the later part, we will highlight different types of announcement letter.
Types of announcement letters
Letters are an important mode of communication. Although in the age of technology informal letters have lost their importance, but the formal letters still remain to be an integral part of an organization. Letters are the written proof about an incident or the written record about an important occasion. Letters both formal and informal is of high importance both to the sender and receiver. For the official purposes, it is always beneficial to have the written records of any document or proof so that no confusion or disputes occur later. For the informal letters, it is a token of recognition about an incident or ceremony that is sent family, friends and everyone close. The format of both these letter varies, as one is very personal and the other is from the most uncongenial.
Baby Announcement Letter
It is one of the most personal letters that a person sends to his or her relative. For a mother being pregnant is the best feeling and sharing this feeling to someone close portraits an immense emotional excitement. Thus the pregnancy announcement letter is written to the near and dear ones and also the good wishes. The letter generally consists of very beautifully written words that express the feeling that the parents have. They are undoubtedly very emotional and very close to the heart of both the receiver and the sender. This letter can be written using flowery language and has no definite format to be maintained.
Letter of Announcement
This letter is mainly addressed to the customers and the clients for various new offers on products and other important items. Every organization publishes this kind of announcement letter before giving any offer on any products or services for the public. This letter mainly highlights the offerings of the company for the customers.
Job Announcement Letter
The job announcement letter is the formal letter through which a company lets people know that they have vacancies for a post or several posts so that eligible people may apply for the post. This is a process by which the company recruits its new employees who would serve the company according to its terms and conditions. The recruitment process is although long and tedious but this is the initial stage for allowing new employees to the company.
Wedding Announcement Letter
This is another informal letter that contains a lot of happiness in it. The letter is usually written to people who are close to the sender, friends, relatives, colleagues and others who are important. The letter mentions in details about the spouse of the person getting married. The wedding dates, venue, arrangements and all other related thing associated with marriage are mentioned. This letter can be used as an invitation too. In any cases, this letter brings a lot of happiness to the receiver as they would be a share of the happiest moment that their close person would cherish lifelong.
Graduation Announcement to Dad
Graduation for a student is the most important aspect. Parents forever dream about their son or daughter to be successful in life. Graduation is the first milestone that a child covers in his or her academic career. This letter is very informal and is the bundle of happiness that the father receives when his son or daughter writes it to him. Every parent gets happy at the success that their child has achieved, and information that the child has completed his or her graduation provides immense satisfaction and happiness. This letter consists of the emotional outburst of happiness that the child feels along with the details of his or her rankings or marks that he or she has achieved.
Death Announcement Letter
This is the most disappointing personal letter that a person sends to another. As this letter talks about the demise of a person which is very unfortunate, this letter is written in the simple tone. This letters, unlike informal letters, are short in size which only mentions about the sad incident and the cause of it.
Employment Announcement Letter
This letter is received by a person who has been chosen for a job in a company. The newly appointed person receives this letter as a formal document from the company that welcomes him to join them and serves them according to the terms and conditions. This letter includes various details that had been previously discussed with the individual during the time of interview like many the post for which he has been appointed, the department, the detailed salary package, the tentative joining dates, the expectations and also the rules and regulations of the company.
Announcement Letter Format
This letter is mainly used to refer to the format of an announcement letter. The letter highlights various things like the subject of an announcement letter, legal ties and all the essential things that are needed while framing a letter. The letter also informs the people the need of an announcement letter
Pregnancy Announcement Letter
This letter is a formal letter that is provided to the office or organization where the father or mother is working. On the basis of this letter, they can apply for leave. For the mother, the leave may be for the entire duration of her pregnancy and for the father a two-month leave. The letter includes details about the stage of pregnancy and the expected date of childbirth. Also, it needs to mention the time period of the leave that the father or the mother wants. Although pregnancy leaves are mandatory yet this official document is of high importance in the work arena.
Business Announcement Letter
As the name of the letter suggests, it is for the business clients, upcoming customers, suppliers, business associates, close friends, relatives or any other well-wishers while an individual starts his or her own business or make an expansion or change in the business. The letter provides a brief description of the starting date of the business in case it is new, also it can be an invitation for the inauguration of it. In case the business has been developing and expanding the letter contains strategies and certain business formats that would be newly implemented in the organization.
An announcement letter is an essential thing that is needed for every formal announcement. This is the best way to announce an event or some other essential thing for the public.
Tips and Tricks
- Give the reason for an announcement in brief. Give complete information related to the announcement.
- Make the letter interesting and comprehensible. Be polite while writing an announcement letter.
- Make the announcement clear and distinct. Just like an announcement in a crowd sounds unique, the language of the letter should sound unique to the reader.
- The announcement letter should be written with a positive approach.
This will create a positive influence on the reader.
- Conclude the letter intelligibly. Show courtesy while starting and ending the letter.
- Never make an error. Re-read the letter after completing to avoid any kind of errors. You can also draft a rough letter or outline before starting so as to avoid creating errors.
- The length of the letter should not be too long.
- In a good news announcement, use a friendly and interesting tone.
- In a bad news announcement, state the matter followed by sympathy and some positive comments.