Formal Job Announcement Letter to Get the Best Candidates Onboard
Is there any job opening at your organization? If yes, then sending a job announcement letter is the best way to inform the candidates, recruiting consultancies, college campuses and employment portals that you are giving opportunities to the proficient employees for different job roles at your company.
What is the Job Announcement Letter?
The job announcement letters are written either by the Human Resource team or by the department manager of the company to announce the news of the employment for a specific vacancy in the organization.
The letter of job recruitment is quite different from the public job advertisement or notifications. These letters are relatively formal and defined with the particular job role and responsibilities of the employee. The goal of this employment notice is to solicit the interest of the potential interviewees, recruitment departments, and the university precincts.
Tips Write Job Announcement Letter
While writing a job announcement letter, the HR manager and the team leader of the department should include some basic points which are necessary. Consider these essentials while drafting a letter:
1. Give Introduction about the Organization and the Job Positions
When you are writing a job announcement letter, always start with the introduction of your company. Give a petite description of the organization and mention details about the jobs you are offering to the eligible candidate. Promote the work culture of the enterprise to implore the interest of the job applicant.
2. Be Concise but Descriptive
You may be perplexed, how to write a short letter in a descriptive way, but it is possible. Just mention the important points in the body of the letter precisely and describe all the essential things related to the job announcement.
3. Mention the Responsibilities of the Employee
Describe the future roles and responsibilities of the entitled candidate for the particular job in details. So, the employee doesn’t get confused with the tasks and duties after getting employment.
4. Define the Required Skills and Qualification of the Deserved Candidate
Always mention the required qualification and specific skills of the proficient candidate for the respective job roles. Clarity about the obligatory criteria is necessary to be provided in the employment announcement letter.
5. Describe the Job Application Procedure
In the job recruitment letter, mention the process to apply for the job in the company. Ask the interviewees to carry the necessary documents like a resume, academic certificates, ID credentials, letter of recommendation and passport size photos if required for interview. You can also mention, whom to meet at the office while applying for the interview.
6. Salary and Benefits
Generally, companies don’t mention the remuneration for a particular job role. However, mentioning the salary and benefits of the organization can appeal to good candidate. You can also write that there is no salary bar for the right candidate, but other benefits of the employment should be mentioned in the announcement note.
7. Provide Contact Details and Location
Finalize the job announcement letter by mentioning the exact address with landmark and also provide the contact details. The details, as well as the address, will help the candidate connect to the HR department for the information related to the job role and the location.
What are the Best Timings to Send a Job Announcement Letter
If you want to hire an eligible candidate for the vacant position of your company, send a job announcement letter to the recruitment consultancies or to the job portals, just after the vacancy of the specific job. You can also send the job recruitment notifications to the college campuses when the internship and placement are announced from different universities.
Structure of a Job Announcement Letter
Every official letter has a specific format and style to draft. You need to follow the proper rules to format a job announcement letter.
1. The header of the Job Announcement Letter
- Mention the recipient’s name and address.
- Write the date of the announcement.
- Mention the name and address of the sender.
2. Subject Line of the Letter
- Write the main fact of the letter in the subject line.
Note: The subject should be concise and clear about the job.
3. The body of the First Paragraph
- Add salutation before the name of the recipient (job seeker) or the receiving department (recruitment consultancies) while beginning the letter.
- Introduce the organization and the job position for which you are hiring staffs.
4. Second Paragraph
- Focus on the job announcement by describing the responsibilities of the entitled candidate.
- Mention the required qualifications and skills for the job position.
5. Third Paragraph
- Describe the salary and benefits of the job.
- Guide the procedure to apply for the specific position.
- Provide the address and contact details of the office.
- Request the recruitment department or college campuses for finding the right candidate.
- End the letter with a greeting.
- Include the signature of the HR manager and authority of the organization.
Job Announcement Letter Templates
Follow the correct format to announce the job recruitment, and find the best candidate onboard. These free samples of the job announcement letter can be copied or downloaded for your use.
Two sample letters have mentioned here. The first job announcement letter is addressed to the recruitment consultancy and the second one is addressed to the university campaign.
1. Job Announcement Letter Addressing a Recruitment Consultancy
2. Letter of Job Announcement to University Placement Officer
Job Announcement Email Template
You should not follow the format of the letter while writing an email because the job announcement email should give specific details. You can also attach the necessary induction documents of the company with the email if required. This email template can be used to directly address job seekers.
Notify the recruitment consultancies, job portals and the employment applicants with an official job announcement letter and email by following the above-mentioned points. These sample letters will help you announce the job vacancies in the most professional manner, and find a suitable candidate for your organization from different employment portals.
- Maintain a professional language while writing a job announcement letter.
- Write in an informative way.
- Avoid spelling and grammatical errors in the recruitment letter to evade negative impression to the applicants.
- Guide the interviewee properly in the letter.
- Explain everything clearly to avoid confusion.