Customer Appreciation Letters – Thank You Note for Consumers
Do you know, you can build a long-term relationship with your clients by sharing customer appreciation letter or email? Customer satisfaction is the key to the success of your business, and an appreciation letter is the first step to achieve the key. So, sending a pleasing customer appreciation letter may help you gain commercial profit, and build a good relationship between you and the consumer.
What is Customer Appreciation Letter?
A consumer appreciation letter is a professional gesture to show gratitude towards exhisting and new clients. You can make positive rapport with your customers by appreciating them with a polite thank you note. Try to generate the vendor and consumer relationship by appreciating the behavior, choice, consideration and positive feedback of the clients.
Why to Send an Appreciation Letter to a Customer
In a competitive market, a professional and gentle business communication help retain the customers. There are many other reasons behind sending an appreciation letter to the consumers. The customer appreciation letter is not only a mode to share a thankful note to the client, but it can also be beneficial for the vendors or businessmen in several other ways:
- Customer appreciation letter builds the reputation of the business with positive feedbacks.
- It helps in business promotion and consumer retention.
- This appreciation letter acts as the mode of customer-engagement.
- The letter makes a positive and strong relationship between the consumer and the vendor.
- It’s a courteous way to show gladness to the customer.
- This is a commercial way to create a consumer-cycle by appealing more customers.
When to Send the Customer Appreciation Letter
You should select the perfect timings to send a consumer appreciation letter. These types of note should be sent on the specific time periods without delay:
- You can send a customer appreciation letter, thank you card or email when a consumer purchases expensive goods from your store.
- The letter can be sent on annual events such as Christmas, New Year, Easter, Thanks Giving Day etc.
- You can send the letter on the birthday of your customers.
- It can be sent after a round period (1 or 2 years) when the client is your regular consumer.
- The customer appreciation letter can also be sent via email after the first purchase.
- If a consumer realized your problem regarding any commercial matter, you can send an appreciation letter to show gratitude.
Important Tips to Include in a Customer Appreciation Letter
When you are planning to send a customer appreciation letter, try to remember a few points. These ideas may help write a professional appreciation note to your consumers:
1. Acknowledge with Gratification to the Shopper
While drafting a commercial appreciation letter, acknowledge your gratification in a gentle tone with warmth. Your thankfulness can make a customer feel special.
2. Mention the Reason for Gratitude
When you are saying thanks, mention the reason for the gratitude to your clients. Do not confuse them with incomplete lines written in the letter. The thank you note should specify the customer appreciation logically.
3. Be Concise and Clear
Business letters and especially, customer appreciation letters should be to-the-point and clear. Don’t stretch long lines of appreciation to your consumers because they don’t have enough time to read a long letter amidst their busy schedule. Make sure that your thoughts of thankfulness are presented in a well-organized way to satisfy the consumer.
4. Send the Letter on Time
Generally, customers always value timely action. So, try to send the letter on definite time after purchasing the products from your store by the consumers. You can also send the notes on various occasions. By sending an appreciation letter timely, you can ensure that you have not forgotten your valuable customers.
5. Be Friendly While Writing the Letter
Remember, a customer appreciation letter can hold the reputation of your business. So, be friendly and familiar while writing a customer appreciation letter, and build your relation for a long time.
Format to Write a Consumer Appreciation Letter
While beginning a customer appreciation letter, you need to follow a pleasing tone in an official way. If you follow the basic format then you can draft an appreciation letter properly.
- Begin with the Date and Address – Mention the address of the consumer and vendor properly at the beginning of the letter and also write the exact date of sending the note.
- Make a Subject Line – In the subject line, mention the focus of the note.
- Start with a Salutation – Add a salutation such as “Dear Mr, Miss or Mrs” at the commencement of the letter.
- Acknowledge with Thankyou – Appreciate the customer with a thank you note at the introductory part of the letter, to show your satisfaction.
- Mention the Exact Cause of Appreciation – The consumers must know why you are sending a thank you note to them. So, mention the reason after the acknowledgment in the body of the letter.
- Include the Next Offers or Discounts in the Letter – You can include the seasonal, and festive sale or discounts in the letter to appeal your consumers for the next purchase.
- Apologize for any Faults – Show your regret, and apologize to your customers for any kind of faults and problems your customer has faced.
- Add a Welcoming Closure – While ending the letter, invite your customers for further shopping with a welcoming gesticulation.
- End with Greeting – Include a closing greeting such as, ‘your sincerely’, ‘warm regards’ etc.
- Comprise a Signature of the Business/Store Authority – Include the name of the business or store and the full signature of the authority at the end.
Customer Appreciation Letter Samples
There can be several reasons for writing a consumer appreciation letter. You can use or download the 3 free sample letters written to customers different purposes:
1. Customer Appreciation Letter for Placing order or Purchasing Product
As a vendor or manager of the business, you can appreciate the shopping of the consumers and inform about the latest offers. Copy or download the given sample below for such kind of appreciation letter.
2. Letter of Customer Appreciation for Understanding the Problems
You can write an appreciation letter to your customer for understanding the serious faults or delay done by your store. Review the free sample below to draft such type of note.
3. Customer Appreciation Letter for Recieving Positive Feedbacks
Customer feedback is one of the important strategies to grow your business. However, consumer feedback can make and break the reputation of the firm or store. So, you can appreciate your customer with a letter of gratitude if you have got positive feedbacks for some specific customers. Copy and Download the given sample below to write a customer appreciation letter.
Customer Appreciation Email Template
You can use an email format to send customer appreciation because in recent era business deals are done via emails and internet. Have a look at the free sample below while writing an email.