What is an Authorization Letter?
An authorization letter states a person’s rank, authority, and ability and gives official permission to someone or an organization to perform a task. These letters are written in the business letter format.
There are basically two types of authorization letter.
Type I- You are giving someone authority to do something that is beneficial to you.
Type II- You are giving someone responsibilities to carry out a task on your behalf.
Tips and Tricks
- Mention clearly, the things you want the reader to do.
- Avoid creating room to any kind of confusion.
- Avoid using complicated words. This can create difficulty in understanding.
- Use a positive but gentle tone.
- Use salutation.
- Always express professionalism through your letter.