What do you mean by an Approval Letter?
An approval letter is written to someone to give permission to complete a certain task or to approve a certain thing.
There are basically two categories of approval letter-
- Granting an approval of something between two persons.
Example- an employer is approving an employee’s leave of absence.
- An approval letter, written by an individual or organization to seek approval for something.
Example- a teacher may send a letter of approval to a local business asking for approval to bring in a lot of students for a field trip.
Tips and Tricks
- Be specific about the reason for approval.
- It is always written in the business letter format.
- The language of the letter is very formal.
- The tone of the letter should be polite.
- Write the letter using a salutation.
- Do not make errors.